Bits & Pieces

Bits & Pieces, here & there.... Come join the fun and see what's happening!!!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Love Away

i came to work as usual this morning, made my milo and everything seemed normal.

at exactly 8:45am, my mobile rang. the id caller showed 'mummy'. that's funny, she never calls at this time of the day. the conversation went...

language used : cantonese
mum : lei hai pin tou ah? (where are you?)
me : hai office lo, cho meh? (i'm in the office, why?)
mum : thai thai hui cho (great grandma passed away)
me : kei si? (when?) burst into tears
mum : kam jiu hou jou (early this morning)
me : kam tim? mou yan jiong office (so how? noone jaga office)
mum : mou siong kon. kam man hui oak khei (nevermind, tonight we'll go to her house)
me : hmm, ok lo

after hanging up, i cried so much. and thought what an idiot i am. i should have been with her more. i should go see her more often.

i am no good at loosing someone, moreover she was someone so important to me. i treasure her, i am so glad & proud to have a great grandma who lived till 105. she has been through the war, seen the beginning of the new millenium, dine with her five generations.... she has seen everything.

i called koh koh, it's so hard to convey a message like this, i dunno how to say, just cried. then uttered out, "thai thai mm hai tou jo". he cried too. i know he hurts as much. we all love her. i missed her so so much.

i cried and still crying...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Blogger kiLikiNa said...

    Dear Joanne,

    I heard the news from Gary.

    The moments you've spent with thai thai will be the memories you cherished from now onwards. And she would've been very proud of you because you've been there with her through laughter and tears, through pain and sorrow. Those matters most... to be there for the person you love.

    Now, be strong for she is watching over you. And I'm sure all she wishes now that is life is good to you and all whom she loves.

    Take care and may God's blessings be with you from today and forevermore.

    Love,
    Christine

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger -jOAnnE- said...

    thank you so much. i'm so down now that i didnt wanna talk.
    no msn no phone no nothing...

    i just pray hard to still see her in my dreams.

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger kiLikiNa said...

    You're most welcome. I can understand your need for solitude. But, know that I'm always here for you.

    As long as you want to see her in your dreams, you will. I still talk to my kung kung even after 6 years that he has left us. Thanking everyday for the precious moments we had together.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home