Bits & Pieces

Bits & Pieces, here & there.... Come join the fun and see what's happening!!!

Friday, June 30, 2006

fruitless is boredom

many people thought that i'm overpaid and under worked. which is partly true... that i must agree. but, having almost nil work to do is not as wonderful as it all sounds. i used to get up every morning and know that i've got work waiting for me in the office... and when are the impending deadlines. now, i get up every morning with no true purpose in life. that's the reason why i've been taking leave or mc.

every morning, i come to work, eat breakfast, make my coffee, read the papers online, read blogs, chat on msn / yahoo, write blogs, read more blogs, surf the web for interesting articles and wedding stuff for my friends who are getting married. lunch time! after lunch is worst! trying to just stay awake. when i have nothing to do at work, i feel really sleepy.

last year, when there was no work, i wasn't complaining because i had my wedding to plan for. i could still design stuff at work and that can help me pass my days and weeks. but now, with nothing really to plan for or design, work becomes more of a workload than joy. i used to enjoy work a lot... especially in chicago. everyone there greets you with a chirpy "good morning". there's a flat screen lcd tv at the reception area facing the bar. so, we could've breakfast there while chatting with colleagues. and wednesday morning meetings never go by without coffee and bread from the bakery downstairs. i think i better not write about it anymore... if not, i'll be packing my bags and flying to chicago right now.

so, when i thought of all those fruitless days and lack of job/career/monetary satisfaction here, i made up my mind to take on the new job. of course, i've yet to collect my letter of offer which i will tomorrow. i would love to write about all this in my blog instead of here because i felt like this is kinda personal, but i'm afraid of the people in the office reading my blog since they know my website. so, i'll let it sit here instead.

*no charges for rental, please....*

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger -jOAnnE- said...

    hmm, sometimes we really need to make some decisions.
    plus, u've oledi "rest & relaxed" for so long, it's time to really give your career a go.

    so all the best. and hmm, welcome to the "work far away from home" world. hehehe... if u move to ur new house, it'll be further than me going to work.

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger kiLikiNa said...

    i don't mind the drive so much because driving is therapeutic for me. it calms and relaxes me more than any massages or facials. it's just waking up early in the morning.

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger VP said...

    go..go ..go girl! for the better, for the happier working life! with work your days are meaningful, w.o work, weekends are not meaningful adi

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home