Bits & Pieces

Bits & Pieces, here & there.... Come join the fun and see what's happening!!!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

to vp...

vp, if i were to tell you that i understand what you're going through, i may be half right and half wrong.

you see, once upon a time, i had a very loving-and-caring-with-all-tenderness-if-you-want-anything-i-give-you ex-boyfriend. he lavished upon me nice and expensive gifts. he even promised to marry me when i turned 26. well, as you can well observe, the fairytale didn't have a happily ever ending for he and i.

it all took a turn for the worst when i started being depressed and started to screw everything up. i don't believe till this day that it's totally my fault. i always believe that it took 2 to tango. i was so depressed that i cried every night and wanted to just die... i admitted myself into the hospital for 4D/3N. my parents were worried sick for me. but, it was a recovery period for me. first, i had a handsome doctor (all the nurses were envious of me because i get to spend time alone with him). secondly, the hospital food is so delicious... i had pork chop. please remember that all of these happened in the States. after i was discharged and completed my semester, i came back to malaysia for my family's support.

i was on medication (remeron) for a year. but after that, i prayed to God for strength and courage to live once again; and i stopped taking the medication myself. a year after that, my ex-boyfriend couldn't handle my situation and left me for another christine. it sucked big time but after all the crying and with the support of my loved ones, i faced the world with a new strength. i became excessively independent (and i try very hard to continue being independent even now that i'm married) and i did what made me happiest... figure skating. until today, once in a while i know i feel that cloud of depression over me but i will always take control of my own happiness.

vp, what i'm trying to share with you here is that, you're not the only one who goes through such difficult times and that you will always have family and friends that are more than willing to be your listener. do what will make you happiest. you will have to love yourself first. we all care for you and would love to see you happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger VP said...

    IS- you are very right in the bit about being independant, i am trying so hard now to achieve that, i hv been pampered all my life by my ex's, my parents even ronnie. Now, i will hv to draw my line and put my foot down to make sure i love myself b4 i care about the feelings of everyonelse around me. Thank you all...i know u will always be there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home